Tuesday, November 5th
2:30-3:00 Registration for the Legends Awards Ceremony
3:00-4:00 Networking with Legends and Fellow Attendees
Before the program kicks off, join us for an hour of relaxation with fellow attendees, past Legends, and our group of newly inducted Legends. Hors d’oeuvres will be served, and there will be beer and cocktails available for purchase.
4:00-5:15 The Legends Awards Ceremony
Each new Legend will be inducted by a former Legend and they will give a speech that is reflective of their journey in the industry. You are guaranteed to pick up some pointers during this program.
5:30-7:00 Bourbon Tour/Tasting at the Old Forester Distillery
We will head down the street to the renowned Old Forester Distillery where there will be a guided tour of their facility, followed by a complimentary bourbon tasting. You will experience the culture of Louisville.
Wednesday, November 6th
8:00-8:30 Registration for the Sales & Marketing Executive Symposium
8:30-8:45 Housekeeping and Introducing the Program
8:45-9:45 PANEL: Modern Marketing Techniques
Three of the industry’s top experts on marketing present in this panel format. You will learn concrete ways to reduce your marketing costs, generate more leads, and operate your existing lead base more efficiently. There will be abundant time for Q&A during this session.
9:45-10:30 Getting the Most Out of Your Leads
Generating and increasing leads is only part of the equation when it comes to increasing profitability. To achieve your sales objectives, you have to convert the leads to customers. You can turn your sales team into a revenue-generating machine by investing in their training and professional development. Training a sales team requires both conventional and new techniques that leverage advancements in tracking and analytics. Here are some of the key facets:
- Know your sales team’s strengths and where they can improve
- Measure your sales data through call tracking
- Optimize your marketing processes
- Uncover the lead conversion path
- Gather intelligence and customer feedback
- Integrate your CRM database
10:30-11:00 Break: Sponsor Showcase and Networking
11:00-12:30 The Science Behind Canvassing and Similar Face-to-Face Leads
To have a successful canvassing team, it’s critical that you implement a modern approach to handling these types of leads. During this powerful segment you will learn:
- The 7 deadly sins of canvassing programs
- The necessary requirements for being a canvasser on your team (do’s & don’ts)
- How to set responsibilities for your team leader
- The way to keep everyone on the team organized and on track
- How to set up a motivating compensation structure
- The appropriate metrics for measuring your results
12:30-1:30 Lunch (Provided by Dave Yoho Associates)
1:30-2:15 How to Hire the Right People and Avoid the Wrong Ones
This session will cover setting up an advanced recruiting and hiring program in your business. Mis-hires continue to be one of the biggest concerns for businesses within the industry and this session will teach you how to reduce them. You will also learn:
- The keys to attracting more and better candidates
- How to read and evaluate resumes
- The three most important questions you need to ask to see if they are capable
- How to conduct a live interview and what questions to ask
2:15-3:15 Implementing the Behavioral Profile and Sales Aptitude Appraisal
The behavioral profile is the best device for fitting an individual to a specific position that you may be hiring for. The Sales Aptitude Appraisal is essentially a test that measures how an applicant will perform in a given sales situation.
The two top experts in the industry on these powerful assessment tools will show you how to utilize them in your business and how they can be used to manage, motivate and develop employees to avoid turnover and keep your best people on staff.
3:15-3:45 Break: Sponsor Showcase and Networking
3:45-5:00 The Legal Outlook for 2019-2020 and What to Expect Down the Road
The industry’s top legal advisor presents information relative to the entire country and to specific states on varying issues. He will cover what to expect for the rest of 2019, but most importantly what’s on the horizon in 2020 and down the road. Bring your questions as there will be a wealth of opportunity for Q&A.
5:00-6:30 Special “Meet and Greet” Cocktail Hour
Join us as we give away over $1500 worth of prizes and you hear from each of our Sponsors. Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be available.
Thursday, November 7th
8:30-9:30 Increase Your Bottom Line by Improving Your Sales Efficiency
It’s important to have a strong understanding of just what sales efficiency is. Sales efficiency is often used interchangeably with sales effectiveness, but there is a key difference.
Here’s a common way of looking at how efficiency and effectiveness differ:
Effectiveness is doing the right thing. Efficiency is doing the thing right. However, that definition is still too basic.
Sales efficiency is performing sales operations activities in the most streamlined way possible in order to get the highest return on sales investment. In this segment you will learn:
- Concrete sales goals that are reachable
- The 7 Myths of In-Home Selling
- The psychology of closing in the home (need, solution, urgency)
- The realities of cultural, emotional, and perceptual blocks
- How to uncover more of the customer’s value system
9:30-10:00 Optimize Your Revisit/Rehash Program
A well run home improvement company rehashes unsold leads to confirm appropriate use by the salesperson and if not sold they are entered into a database for future solicitation. However in our most recent survey, a majority of home improvement companies do not have a revisit/rehash program currently in place.
It is a proven fact that when you do not rehash unsold leads, you are literally letting revenue slip through the cracks.
You will learn how to implement a rehash/revisit program within your organization that is efficient and effective in recovering revenue.
10:00-10:30 Break: Sponsor Showcase and Networking
10:30-12:00 Advanced Sales and Closing Tactics
In order to succeed as a sales organization, it’s critical that you begin to learn advanced closing skills which will help lead to more new contracts, and a lower rescission rate.
There will be an abundance of role-play during this session, and you will learn:
- Asking permission form the customer – directly leading to a yes or a no
- How to set up the Total Offer Concept, showing how to present value over price
- How to effectively close against price objections
- The way to present the Incentive Close to prospects
- Methods for dealing with price shoppers
- How to ask closed-ended, open-ended, option, and sweat questions to reduce objections
- The proper approach to ask for referrals
12:00-1:00 Lunch (Provided by Dave Yoho Associates)
1:00-2:00 PANEL: Develop, Train & Retain Multi-Million Dollar Salespeople
In discussions with senior sales executives, they mention one of their key challenges is onboarding new salespeople and customer success roles. Constantly having to re-hire and re-train teams is not only costly, but it also makes it harder to hit revenue targets and sales productivity goals.
If you drill down into the reasons for turnover when it comes to salespeople, three factors quickly emerge: a lack of modern tools for them to do their jobs effectively, not enough coaching and substandard sales cultures within organizations.
In this panel, leading sales managers from home improvement companies across the U.S. will comment on how they have implemented change within their organization and how you can follow suit.
2:00-3:00 Going From Good to Great in Sales Management
Going from good to great in sales management involves not only taking your skill set to the next level, but doing the same for your sales force. It is essential that you truly become a leader in your company, capable of cultivating a winning sales staff and influencing the executives in a positive manner.
During this session you will learn:
- The 10 disciplines of successful sales management
- The paradoxical laws of recruiting for the job of a salesperson
- Effective methods to train new hires
- How to motivate and inspire the sales team
- Ways to manage lead flow among your staff
3:00-3:30 Closing Remarks & Prize Winners Announced
We wrap up this year’s symposium by answering some final questions and giving away more prizes so make sure and stay until the end!!!